in ,

What to Do if your Pet Eats your Edibles?

Dog under blanket

This year at London’s Bark in the Park Festival, Dr. Sabrina Iliopoulos, a London veterinarian at London Regional Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital, decided to speak out about the problems your pets may encounter when dabling in cannabis.

Dr. Iliopoulos sees on average about five pets a week with reported signs of marijuana consumption.

When asked if there was a correlation between legalization and the increased cases of pets eating edibles, she replied: “I would say subjectively, yes. I also think possibly people are being a bit more open about the fact that their dog’s clinical signs are due to getting into a marijuana product, whereas before they may not have shared that information.”

On another note, Dr Iliopoulos also warns that she has seen cases where patients fall into comas if consumed too much…

So if you think your pet may have gotten into your stash, please bring him to the vet!

In most cases, your little friend may just need a good night’s sleep and some munchies along the way.

In those instances, your veterinarian will have you bring your pet back home. You should keep an eye open for any signs of the situation worsening.

But it’s best to make sure your furry loved one is safe!

If you can’t bring your pet to the vets for whatever reason, try inducing vomiting to remove any undigested remnants or get your hands on activated charcoal, which will help bind to any residual toxins, preventing the THC from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
The symptoms varies significantly but are rarely dangerous. According to a 2013 study published in Topics in Companion Animal Medicine, these symptoms can include vomiting, tremors, agitation and in some cases seizures, depending on the dosage consumed and the potency of the marijuana.

Here is an example!

Suppose your dog ate a pot brownie. He might have a higher or more severe reaction than a pup who accidentally ate a marijuana bud, especially if the brownie contains chocolate.

Chemicals in chocolate, specifically theobromine, are often responsible for a dog’s vomiting and upset stomach.

To be frank, the chocolate in your brownie or chocolate bar will cause more harm to your pet than the cannabis itself.

However, even if your pet accidentally ate your edibles, We believe it is your duty to keep them away from your pets and children. After all, no one likes to be sick or have a sick family member.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *